Friday 7 September 2007

If you are forming a multimedia team

Then you might want to know how Rob Curley handles its job descriptions at Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive. This summer, he offered in his blog www.robcurley.com, some tips :
"The topic that it seems I’m getting asked the most about right now is “will I share our job descriptions?” That’s a hard one for me because if you ask those who have worked with me, we really don’t have set job descriptions and I’m not sure I’ve ever really told someone what exactly his or her job is.
But when I came to Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive, all of the positions that were going to be on our new products team had to be posted, so some sort of job descriptions had to be written for the job postings. I wanted these job postings to have a certain attitude, and our HR director at WPNI also wanted to make sure the postings had the correct tone for our company.
There was a fair amount of compromise on both sides (and all you have to do is read this post for our summer interns to see why), but I’m still fairly happy with what we came up with.
I’m not going to post all of the job descriptions and postings we put together. Instead, I thought I would post the job descriptions for our team’s main editor/producer and the posting for our team’s programmer."

Don't answer, the jobs have been filled ... but you might be interested if you're yourself involved in an hiring process : A few job descriptions for a newspaper’s new-media team

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.